Delivering editorial services to meet your requirements
If you're looking for high quality standards of writing, with work delivered on time and to length, contact me to discuss your requirements.
You'll find I'm flexible, reliable, and often able to deliver to short deadlines. My rates are competitive.
I've been a professional freelance writer since 1988. In that time I've delivered editorial services to a wide range of international and UK-based clients, many of whom use me again and again to help them meet their needs. You'll find information about my areas of specialism and examples of work I've undertaken on this website (you can use the menu on the left to browse).
I am experienced in undertaking original research and turning this work into succinct analysis and policy papers.
I also offer 'emergency first aid' where existing reports urgently need editing or rewriting. I am able to turn lengthy dull documents into shorter, readable, reports.
I'm a native English speaker. I am familiar with the requirements of writing for an European and international audience, and I also read French and Spanish.
Some recent examples:
- Report based on original research on sources of business capital for mutual and co-operative enterprises (client: a UK co-operative research foundation)
- Report based on original research on the role of migrant workers in the European and US IT sector (client: an international trade union)
- 'White paper' on the benefits of teleworking (client: internet service provider/telecoms company)
- Condensing the high-profile Final Report from an international Commission into a short report suitable for young people (client: UK government department)
- Report on the banking and financial services sector in a region of the UK (client: UK government regional development agency)
And some examples of 'first aid':
- Major rewrite of a 120-page report into a 30-page document, for use at an international conference, undertaken to a very tight deadline (client: a UN agency)
- Substantially restructuring and rewriting a report for a European Union project, originally written by non-native English speakers (client: the project management team)
- Substantial rewrite of a guide to business finance for social enterprises (client: a social enterprise association)